(Note: these are links to other websites. Geraniaceae is not responsible for content on these sites)
The Geranium Page
Home of the Carmichael Geranium Society
International Geranium Society
(for more information on Hardy Geraniums or Pelargoniums)
Useful References For The Genus Geranium
- A Few Geraniums For You To Enjoy by Mrs. E. Cameron, Allangrange, Munlochy, Ross-shire, IV8 8NZ, 2003
- A Gardener's Diary by ACME Garden Productions, Inc. (Video) (Geraniaceae Nursery and Garden, Sept. 8, 1996, Episode 132)
- Blue Geraniums by Robin Parer Geraniums Around The World (Spring 1999)
- Cream of the Cranesbills by Daniel J. Hinkley Horticulture (January 1998, pgs. 50-56)
- Gardeners Guide to Growing Hardy Geraniums by Trevor Bath and Joy Jones (David Charles, U.K.; Timber Press, U.S.A., l994)
- Gardening with Hardy Geraniums by Birgitte Husted Bendtsen, Timber Press, Portland, 2005
- Geraniaceae Group News. Various issues, 1981-2006. U.K. Geraniaceae Group
- Geranium Family Species Check List, Part 2 GERANIUM, compiled by R. T. F. Clifton, The Geraniaceae Group (England, 2000) 7 Crabble Road, Dover, Kent CT17 0QD, U. K.)
- Geraniums by Margaret Roach Martha Stewart Living (June, 1997, pgs. 114-119)
- Growing A Family by Robin Parer Horticulture (April 2005 pgs. 45-49)
- Grow It! A Gardener's Guide by Edelman Productions (Video) (Robin Parer, Geranium Garden, July 1998, Number 401)
- Hardy Geraniums by David Hibberd (Cassell, The Royal Horticultural Society, London, 2003)
- Hardy Geraniums by Robin Parer National Gardening (June 1996, pgs. 37-40)
- Hardy Geraniums by Peter F. Yeo (Second Edition, Timber Press, U.S.A., 2002)
- Hardy Geraniums for the Garden Revised and enlarged edition, The Hardy Plant Society, U.K., (January, 2001)
- Herbaceous Perennial Plants, Second Edition by Allan M. Armitage (Stipes Publishing, L.L.C., Illinois, 1997)
- My Experience Growing Hardy Geraniums by Phoebe Noble (Trio Investments Ltd., Sidney, B.C., 1994)
- Plant Evaluation Notes Hardy Geraniums for Northern Gardens by Richard Hawke, Chicago Botanic Garden, Issue 22, 2004
- Geranium Register of Cultivar-Names by David X. Victor, Registrar (The Geraniaceae Group, 7 Crabble Road, Dover, Kent CT17 0QD, England, May 2000)
- The Explorer's Garden: Rare and Unusual Perennials by Daniel J. Hinkley (Timber Press, 1999)
- The Random House Book of Perennials, Vol. 1 by Roger Phillips and Martyn Rix (Random House, New York, 1991)
Useful References For The Genus Erodium
- Addyman, Dr. Marie. "Erodiums in Cultivation." Geraniaceae Group News. Issue 59, pp. 24-26. Autumn 1995.
- Addyman, Marie and Richard Clifton. Erodiums in Cultivation. 1992. National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens and the Geraniaceae Group.
- Bacon, Dr. L. "Erodiums for the Rock Garden." March, 1990. Quarterly Bulletin of the Alpine Garden Society. Issue 58, No. 1, pp. 65-83.
- Clifton, R. Erodiums in Cultivation. 1990. Geraniaceae Group.
- Geraniaceae Group News. Various Issues. 1981-2002. UK: Geraniaceae Group.
- Geranium Family Species Check List, Edition 4, Issue 2, Part l ERODIUM, compiled by R. T. F. Clifton, The Geraniaceae Group (England, l994)
- Parer, Robin "Another Look at Erodiums" Geraniums Around the World. Vol. 48, No. 2 pp. 9-11, Summer, 2000.
- Parer, Robin "Silvery Erodiums and Their Kin," Pacific Horticulture, Vol. 62, No. 4 pp. 42-47, October/November/December 2001.
- Parer, Robin. "Why Not Try Erodiums?" Geraniums Around the World. Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 4-8. Autumn 1997.
- Erodium Register of Cultivar-Names by David X. Victor (The Geraniaceae Group, David X. Victor, Registrar, The Old Stables, Church Lane, Hockliffe, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire LU7 9NL, England, June 2000)
Useful References For Species Pelargoniums
- Clifton, R.T.F. (compiler) Geranium Family Check List, Edition IV, Part 4 Pelargonium, The Geraniaceae Group, 1993
- Craib, Charles Geophytic Pelargoniums, Field and Cultivation Studies of Pelargonium section Hoarea Umdaus Press, SA, 2001
- Marais, Elizabeth M. Taxonomic Studies in Pelargonium, Section Hoarea (Geraniaceae) Dissertation for Ph.D at the University of Stellenbosch, SA Reprinted by The Geraniaceae Group, UK, March 2000
- Miller, Diana, Pelargoniums A Gardener's Guide To The Species and Their Cultivars and Hybrids. Timber Press, Inc., Portland, OR, 1996
- Stephen Orr, in the garden Exotic Geraniums. House and Garden, November 2005 pp.57-59
- Parer, Robin. Night-scented Pelargoniums. Pacific Horticulture. v. 54, #4, Winter 1993. Rodriguez, Anthony. "Discovering More Caudiciform Plants: 3" pp. 233-240, The New Plantsman, Volume Six, Part Four, December 1999
- Van der Walt, J.J.A. and P.J. Vorster. Pelargoniums of Southern Africa. Vols. I, 1977, Vol. II 1981, Vol III 1988. Cape Town, S.A.
Useful References For Scented-Leaf Pelargoniums
- Geranium Cookery. The British Pelargonium and Geranium Society. London, England. 1984
- Barrett, David and Clifton, Richard. Pelargoniums with Scented Leaves. November, l993. Available through The Geraniaceae Group (Book Sales) Richard Clifton, 7 Crabble Road, Dover, Kent CTl7 OQD, England
- Becker, Jim and Brawner, Faye. Scented Geraniums. Interweave Press, Loveland, Colorado. 1996.
- Greig, Denise. Scented Geraniums and Pelargoniums. Kangaroo Press, Kenthurst, NSW, Australia. 1991
- Hall, Doug Scented Geraniums, Better Homes and Gardens, Feb 2002, pgs .115-122
- Martin, Tovah. "Scented Geraniums." Fine Gardening. Nov/Dec 1992, pgs. 30-32
- O'Brien, Diana. Growing Geraniums and Pelargoniums. Kangaroo Press (Simon ' Schuster Australia), NSW Australia, 2001
- Peddie, Mary et al. Growing and Using Scented Geraniums. Storey/Garden Way Publishing, Pownal, Vermont. 1991
- Simmons, Adelma Grenier. "Breath of the Past" The Little Book of Scented Geraniums. Herb Farm, Caprillands, Coventry, Conn. (no date)
- Stewart, Martha. "Scented Geraniums" Martha Stewart Living, Dec. 93-Jan. 94, pgs. 34-38
- Welsh, Mary Lynne et al. A Potpourri of Pelargonium Pleasures. The Canadian Geranium and Pelargonium Society, Vancouver, Canada, 1991
Useful References For Angel and Pansy-Face Pelargoniums and other small flower hybrids
- Jay's Angels by Cynthia Lohry. Geraniums Around the World (Summer 1999)
- More About Angel and Pansy Face Pelargoniums by Robin Parer. Geraniums Around the World (Spring 1994)
- Angel and Pansy Face Pelargoniums by Carol Roller. Geraniums Around the World (Spring 1989)
Upcoming EventsThe 25th Annual Southern California Spring Garden Show
Thu, April 24, 2014 - Sun, April 27, 2014Plant Sale
For more information please call 714.435.2089
or email email@example.com
The event will be held at South Coast Plaza
Crate and Barrel / Macy’s Home Store Wing, 3333 Bear Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
3333 Bear Street. Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Leading garden tour to Morocco
Fri, May 02, 2014 - Thu, May 22, 2014Festival of Old Roses
Sun, May 18, 2014
11:00 AM - 15:00 PMPlant Sale
El Cerrito Community Center
El Cerrito, CA
Markham Nature Park and Arboretum
Mon, June 09, 2014 - Sat, June 14, 2014(925) 681-2968
Markham Nature Park and Arboretum
1202 La Vista Ave, Concord, CA 94521